Welcome to the Stroke Comeback Center!
The Stroke Comeback Center is a community based non profit organization that provides programs for stroke and brain injury survivors in a supportive, caring environment. We are the only Center of its kind in the Washington, DC area.
- Provides long-term programs for survivors with aphasia and other communication difficulties
- Offers a variety of services with a group, social approach
- Focuses on all language modes - speech, reading, writing and comprehension
- Uses interactive technologies tailored to each of our members
- Continues affordable fees through donor-funded scholarships
- Has received national recognition for our accomplishments and innovation
- Believes that survivors can continue to improve over many years.
An initial meeting with our professionals is provided at no charge. Read the Programs Overview page of our website for details.
See the Center in action at a nationally aired segment: Stroke Comeback Center at PBS